WELCOME

"Those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength. They will mount up with wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They shall walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Baking and Decorating with the Family

Since my husband and I were going to be home for Christmas for the first time since we have been married, I really wanted to make the most of it.  We have been busy entertaining friends and family and I have enjoyed every minute of it.  One of the things I wanted to make sure to do, was to get together with family and craft, bake and do activities.  So yesterday I spent the entire day at my moms house baking sugar cookies and decorating a gingerbread house with the family. My mom, my brother and his wife, my wonderful nieces and my sister.  We had a blast. 

as you can see we did not use traditional Christmas colors or traditional shapes  to decorate our Christmas cookies, and if you've ever met our family you wouldn't be surprised, we are not real traditionalists. 


 I just bought a ready built gingerbread house from Costco (which made it so much easier than doing our own) since for us the decorating is the best part. And a whole bunch more candy, because we like to load it up with goodness.



It was truly a family effort on this one, and though it may not win any awards.  We absolutely love it because truly it was made with LOVE!!
Hope you enjoyed the pics, and may even inspire you to take time out of you busy schedules to just spend some quality time with your family.
Merry Christmas!!

No comments: