WELCOME

"Those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength. They will mount up with wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They shall walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

Monday, May 23, 2011

My Birthday Wish

What to do for my birthday?  Well, my husband and I have taken so many trips and done so many wonderful  things over the years, this year I told him I just wanted to keep it low key and decide at the last minute.  I didn't want it to be so... about me, but about how the Lord would lead me. I wanted it to be spontaneous and heartfelt.  So the day before my birthday I was reading the Word and the Lord spoke to me through His scripture and reminded me of a place I had been once before.  It was such a place of serenity and refreshment and I knew it was what He wanted for me.  I called my husband and we were off.  The place was Silver Falls State Park outside of Salem, OR.  An 8.7 mile round trip hike to 10 spectacular waterfalls.  I will now let the pictures do the talking:

The Lush Green Forest
The Start of a perfect Day
Upper North Falls

 I could have spent all day reflecting in this beautiful spot

 North Falls

 Winter Falls


 Middle North Falls

 The Most breathtaking moment is standing behind the falls

 Double Falls



 Lower South Falls



 Again Standing behind the Falls
 South Falls



The Lord truly blessed my Birthday in every way.  Getting away from all the hustle and bustle, remembering what truly matters and letting the rest go...
Thank you to my husband for sharing this special day with me.

1 comment:

Pretty In Paint said...

I hope you had a WONDERFUL birhtday!! those pictures are so beautiful Ruth. I would Love to go there. how special just the 2 of you :)