WELCOME

"Those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength. They will mount up with wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They shall walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Santa came early to the Mercantile this year...

I just have to share this story because it is almost unbelievable.  While I was volunteering the other day at the Mercantile something unexpected happened.  To backtrack, We had one of our vendors bring us a lifesize sleigh to use for our outdoor display area, the sleigh was to be for sale and used for a prop for Christmas.  Well, before we could even use it to decorate, a man who looked exactly like Santa came to purchase it from the store.  His name is Steve, and every year Steve delivers 100's of toys to orphans.  As you can see from the pictures below he drove a bright red truck with 200 year old sleigh bells hanging from the back cab (wish I had gotten a picture of them) and as if that is not enough his license plate, yep you guest it "Dec 25".  And to boot it was the same day that I was putting up all of the indoor christmas displays for the store.  I tell you it just makes me smile.  Pics were taken from my phone, sorry they aren't better.  But I had to get it on film.  Otherwise I fear no one would have believed me.




CHRISTMAS IS HERE AT THE MERCANTILE!!





All HillHouse Harvest is 50% OFF
Plus HillHouse has expanded to twice the size






No comments: