WELCOME

"Those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength. They will mount up with wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They shall walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

Monday, November 15, 2010

Part II of my trip to the windy city of Chicago

My husband and I spent the next day taking in more of the spectacular architecture of an older city.  My favorite are churches as I mentioned last time and just look at these doors and windows.



 

 



Only in a big city can you see a chain store such as Bloomingdales in a unique building such as this





We were now off to have lunch at the Signature Room
in the John Hancock building on the 95th floor.  This was by far our favorite experience of the trip.  A 360 degree view of the city in relaxed setting with great food, what is not to love!

This is the view from our table which I thought was the best spot in the house and of course the fog had just lifted and the clouds had dispersed AMAZING!!



This is my meal
this is my husbands Mmm...

 A view from the other side of the restaurant


This is a must do in Chicago, so if you can't get reservations just head up to the lounge/bar on the 96th floor and you don't need any.  Views are just as spectacular.
After leaving there we decided to head to Navy Pier and saw the cutest fire station I've ever seen on the way



And with the sky as blue as it was,
it looked as if the top of this building was see-through

Now navy Pier





These are pics taken from the top of the Carousel






And the perfect end to a fantastic trip was getting to see my girlfriend Leah, that I have known since 7th grade but hadn't seen in over 13 years.  She and her husband graciously fought traffic for 2 hours to drive into the city and meet my husband and I for dinner.   Thank you Leah and BJ we had a great time.
This concludes my trip to the great city of Chicago, if you get a chance to go don't pass it up.  Now that we live in such a small rural town in Oregon we really appreciate getting to the city whenever we can

No comments: